Wednesday, March 4, 2020

CORN CHOWDER

It's time to share the very first recipe of this blog. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you: The corn chowder.




Now, I don't know about you guys but I absolutely love home cooked food, and especially soups! There's something about soups that makes me feel I'm really eating something that was made from scratch, with lots of love, in a home kitchen. Which, nowadays, in the era of fast food and instant meals, seems to be something not to be taken for granted.

Corn chowder is not something I was used to eat since my childhood though, I actually tasted it for the first time last year when I first made it. But definitely it will be something I keep making from now on. I'd be lying if I said it's the easiest soup ever to prepare, it takes a little time and effort, but once you've made it, you won't be disappointed.

Here's the recipe.

CORN CHOWDER (3-4 servings)

1 onion
2-3 cloves garlic
2 stalks celery
2-3 carrots
3-4 potatoes
2 cups yellow corn (frozen or canned)
1 cube vegetable broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
1 can coconut milk
2 tablespoons corn starch (Maizena)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
water

1. Chop the onion and celery into small cubes, mince the garlic and cook with olive oil in a soup pot, with low heat, some 5-10 minutes.
2.Chop the carrots and the potatoes into small cubes, add them into the pot with the spices, and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add water and vegetable broth and let cook until the vegetables are almost fully cooked.
4. Add yellow corn.
5. Make a mixture of corn starch and cold water and add it into the soup slowly, stirring the soup with a spoon at the same time.
6. Finally add coconut milk and salt.

Serve the corn chowder with some full grain bread, and make sure to enjoy it the next day too, when it usually tastes even better!

If you try out this recipe, let me know how you liked it in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment